The most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat pigmented and vascular lesions. After just one use, patients notice significant improvements in the complexion and clarity of the skin. Lumecca operates using photothermolysis, which provides a photofacial through the delivery of a comfortable light treatment. It improves the appearance of: Age spots (red/brown pigmentation), vascular lesions such as facial telangiectasias (spider veins) and poikiloderma, Rosacea (redness), freckles and sun damage. Lumecca can be used on all areas of the body. The most common areas of treatment are zones that are regularly exposed to the sun. This often includes the face, neck, upper lip, and chin.
- Avoid any type of tanning 3-4 weeks prior treatment or use at least 30 SPF sunblock.
- Avoid irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment.
- Avoid anticoagulants for 7-10 days prior to treatment, if medically permitted. Discuss with Dr. Adcox before stopping.
- Ensure that the skin is clean.
- Shave hair over target lesions and remove it 1-2 days before the procedure.
The number of treatments is typically varied from 2-5 sessions done every 3-4 weeks. Pigmented lesions usually require fewer sessions than vascular lesions.